As one of the oldest car manufacturers in the world, it’s hardly surprising that Skoda is at the top of its game right now. All that experience shines through in their products; they currently hold the world record for the fastest car with an engine of up to two litres.
After all, even the most well-maintained vehicle can encounter unexpected difficulties; the most cared-for car can fall prey to mechanical and/or electrical issues whilst getting you from A to B. With a MotorEasy Skoda warranty, you can hit the road knowing that you’re covered (just in case!).
Why Do I Need A Skoda Warranty?
Our Skoda warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Skoda manufacturer warranty.
Our Skoda extended warranty plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not available with a standard Skoda manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard including repairs or replacements directly impacted by failure
- Overheating failures
- Air conditioning issues
Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy Skoda warranty means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracks your progress and ensures work is completed to our agreed high standard
- We pay garages directly so you’re never out of pocket
- Access our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Create a free digital logbook in your MotorEasy account with useful date reminders and access to special MotorEasy discounts
- 24/7 online bookings
How do I get a MotorEasy Skoda warranty?
To get your free Skoda extended warranty quote, simply fill in the details of your vehicle, telling us the registration number, make and model, MOT expiry date, etc. Then, just add a few bits of personal information and you’re good to go.
If you’d prefer, you can speak with our team via live chat, or call us on freephone 0800 131 0001. We’re more than happy to assist with getting you a Skoda warranty you can rely on.
MotorEasy provides Skoda warranties across the entire range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Skoda Warranty Comparison: Average MotorEasy Warranty Quotes vs Manufacturer Comprehensive Warranty
As of January 2021, MotorEasy has researched th average price of a Skoda manufacturer car warranty, and compared it with the MotorEasy equivalent to find out which is best value for money. The following quotes are average prices based on a MotorEasy Plan A warranty and Skoda warranty per year. Prices and savings correct as of January 2021.
|Superb||3 years old||£568||£751||£183|
|Octavia||6 years old||£617||£929||£312|
|Yeti||5 years old||£632||£751||£119|
On average, a MotorEasy car warranty could save you over £204 than going to the manufacturer directly. These prices don't consider Motoreasy discounts or promotions, so the savings could be even more substantial.
Skoda reliability: common Skoda repairs
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong.
Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs
- Common repairs you would be covered for with a Skoda warranty
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Skoda reliability index data:
Skoda Warranty FAQs
Can I get a Skoda used car warranty?
If you bought your used Skoda from a Skoda main dealer you’ll have received a minimum 12-month warranty. If you’d like a longer cover period - maybe you intend to keep the car for more than a year, MotorEasy extended Skoda warranty can provide you with cover as long as your car has fewer than 120,000 miles on the clock.
You’ll not only get the peace of mind that comes with our more extensive warranty cover but the below additional benefits:
- A free digital logbook in your MotorEasy account with useful date reminders (such as service and MOT dates)and access to special MotorEasy discounts
- You're never out of pocket - We pay network garages directly
- Access our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- 24/7 online bookings
To get a quote for your Skoda extended warranty from MotorEasy you can either:
Call us for free on 0800 131 0001 or enter your registration to get a Skoda extended warranty quote
How long is a Skoda warranty?
A Skoda extended warranty lasts for 12 months and you can only take out cover if your car has less than 100,000 miles on the clock.
What does a Skoda warranty cover?
There are 2 levels of cover to choose from:
- All Component Cover: The costs of repairing or replacing the factory-fitted mechanical & electrical components of your vehicle that have suffered a sudden failure during the period of cover.
- Named Component Cover: Will always be cheaper than All Component Cover - because you are getting fewer parts covered.
Neither policy covers you for ‘consequential damage’. In plain terms that means, if a part covered by warranty fails and affects a not covered part. The not covered part is STILL not covered, even though a covered part caused the failure.
A MotorEasy Skoda extended warranty covers all the same things as a Skoda extended warranty but with the addition of:
Wear & Tear cover
Air conditioning issues
Consequential damage cover
Up to 3 years cover as opposed to 1 year with Skoda
How much is a Skoda extended warranty?
You can seemingly buy an extended Skoda warranty from £131 per year.
But that price is based on:
- Taking ‘Named Component’ cover (the cheaper way to do it as not ALL of your parts are covered).
- And on taking out cover within 30 days of your original warranty cover
- And on only having a mileage allowance of 10,000 miles per year
- And on your Skoda having less than 60,000 miles on the clock
- And on the engine size being less than 1.6L
- And on choosing an excess of £250
How much is a MotorEasy extended warranty?
Certainly no more expensive & usually a lot cheaper.
Based on our own research:
|Make & Model||Age||MotorEasy||Skoda||Saving|
|Skoda Superb||3 years old||£568||£751||£183|
|Skoda Octavia||6 years old||£617||£929||£312|
You also get a free health check included, which means your wear & tear cover can start immediately after the health check. Unlike the Skoda warranty which does not cover wear and tear. On average you save £204 per year with a MotorEasy warranty based on equivalent levels of cover.
In the event of a claim, you also won’t have to pay the £250 excess fee as detailed in Skoda’s low-cost warranty option. In contrast, a MotorEasy warranty gives you the flexibility to choose a modest repair contribution of £0, £25 or £50, as a way to lower the cost of your premium.
All things considered, that means a MotorEasy warranty compared to an Skoda extended warranty is:
- Less expensive
- Offers more cover, notably for wear and tear
- Won’t hit you with an expensive excess fee
- Includes a free vehicle health check
- More flexible to choose a modest repair contribution to lower your premium cost
To get more cover for you Skoda, for less, just visit - Skoda used car warranty