Breakdown Cover
Made Easy

Prices to beat the AA and RAC

5/5 Rating

Get breakdown cover that's right for you with prices cheaper than the AA and RAC. With 80% of breakdowns repaired at the roadside, you'll be back on the road in no time.

5/5 Rating

We offer four levels of cover to suit every need and budget, from basic UK Roadside Assistance through to full European Breakdown Cover. Our customers also benefit from discounted repairs at our network of 10,000 trusted garages, and what's better is if you have a MotorEasy car warranty we'll pick up the bill and organise everything for you.

What is breakdown cover?

Breakdown cover is a type of insurance you take out on your vehicle in the event that your car breaks down and requires recovery to a workshop.

How much does it cost?

MotorEasy's breakdown starts at £36.30 which is more than 50% cheaper than the AA and RAC.

All levels of breakdown cover come with roadside assistance, overnight accommodation, misfuel assist, key recovery, driver illness cover, alternative transport and a message service as standard.

Four levels of cover

Something to suit you

24/7 rescue

Over 600 recovery operators

No excess or call out charges

10,000 garages for any repairs

Personalised account area

giving you great discounts

What can our breakdown
cover offer you?

  • Peace of mind in an emergency
  • Driver illness cover
  • MotorEasy's helpful reminder services for tax, MOT and servicing
Choose the right plan for you

Choose the right plan for you

Level 1
Local Recovery
  • Roadside Assistance beyond 1 mile of your home address and Recovery up to 10 miles
  • Alternative Transport
  • Emergency Overnight Accommodation
  • Driver Illness or Injury cover
  • Key Recovery
  • Misfuel Assist
  • Message Service
Level 2
Nationwide Recovery
  • All the cover in Level 1
  • Recovery to any chosen destination across the UK
Level 3
Nationwide Recovery and Home Assist
  • All the cover in Levels 1 & 2
  • Help sent to anywhere in the UK including your home address
Level 4
Europewide Recovery and Home Assist
  • All the cover in Levels 1, 2 & 3
  • Recovery Assistance across Europe
  • Breakdown 7 days or less before a European trip & we will cover a hire car or rebooking of sea crossing

These customers are already saving time & money with us

Why rely on MotorEasy?

“The appeal of MotorEasy is clear and simple. It looks after all the tedious, day-to-day aspects of car ownership, leaving you free to enjoy driving.”

Paul Hudson, Telegraph Motoring Editor

“MotorEasy’s cover is simple, straightforward and proper.”

Honest John

How quickly will you aim to get to me?

We will try to have a recovery vehicle to assist you within 40 minutes, this may be different in mainland Europe dependant on your location.

What happens if my car breaks down at the roadside?

If you are in the UK or Europe, call our 24-hour rescue line on 01206 812710 and ask for assistance. Please be ready with your car registration number, an accurate location and a contact telephone number. An attempt will be made to fix your car at the roadside, but if this is not possible we will arrange a recovery vehicle to a destination determined by your level of cover. For Local Recovery customers, this is 10 miles from the site of breakdown. For Natonwide Recovery (including home assist) this is any one location nationwide. For Europewide Recovery this is to the nearest garage within Europe..

What happens if I breakdown at home?

If your breakdown recovery protection includes Home Assist, we will help you within a one-mile radius of your home address. If we are unable to repair your car we will arrange for your vehicle to be recovered to the nearest garage. If it is late in the evening we may ask for you to call the following day when a garage is open to be able to repair your car.

I have Local Recovery but need to go further than 10 miles?

We will happily take you to your destination, but there will be a charge for the extra mileage. Payment must be made at the time you request assistance.

Is there a limit to the distance my car can be recovered?

No, if you have purchased any other level of breakdown cover. If your vehicle is unable to be repaired at the roadside or by a local garage within a reasonable amount of time, we will take you, your vehicle, and up to 6 passengers home or to a destination anywhere in the UK.

Yes, if you have purchased our Local Recovery breakdown cover you are entitled to a recovery to one destination within 10 miles of the breakdown.

What happens if my vehicle breaks down on a UK motorway?

If you suffer a breakdown on the motorway in the UK and you are unable to use your mobile phone, you must use the emergency telephones found at 1-mile intervals. Police services will take your details and contact us to arrange your recovery. We will also gladly pass on up to 2 messages to friends, relatives and colleagues to inform them of your situation.

My vehicle has locking wheels and a space saver, what happens if I can’t change my wheel?

We will happily assist you, but you must have a legal and serviceable spare wheel which can be fitted. You must have all the keys for any locks with you and the correct wheel studs for your spare wheel if it is a different size to the standard wheels. If you do not have the necessary parts for us to change the wheel, there will be a charge for the service which you will need to pay for immediately on a pay by use basis by providing debit or credit card details.

What happens if my vehicle breaks down abroad?

If the scene of the breakdown is on a toll or private road in Europe, you must first obtain assistance from the local authorities by using the phones situated along the road. Once you have been recovered off the toll road, you are then able to contact us for assistance using the numbers found in the policy wording.

Will you deliver my vehicle home if you can’t repair the vehicle abroad?

We will first try and repair your vehicle at the roadside and, if we are not able to, recover you to a local garage. We may suggest different options such as the shipping of replacement parts. If your car is not able to be fixed within 48 hours or by your return date we will arrange for the delivery of you and 6 passengers to either your home address or if you would prefer, your original intended destination.

Will you pay my toll or ferry fees?

Ferry and toll charges will be paid only in the confines of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

Do I need extra documents if I travel abroad?

Yes, you must ensure you comply with the laws of the countries you will be visiting. As a minimum, you will need your driving licence including any additional documentation, your V5 vehicle registration document and insurance documents with you. Don't forget to take our breakdown policy document with you.

What European countries do you cover?

If you have purchased the appropriate cover, the following countries are covered under our European breakdown recovery cover: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Balearics, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Isles, Corsica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Sardinia, Serbia, Sicily, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey (West of Bosphorus) and Vatican City.

Will you pay for labour or parts needed to repair the vehicle?

No, any work carried out, other than roadside assistance will not be paid for and is a separate agreement between yourself and the garage carrying out the repairs. If you have a live Car Warranty with MotorEasy however, it is likely that the faulty part will be covered. Check out our warranty options.

Will you pay for my overnight accommodation if I am away from home?

We will pay a maximum of £150 for a lone traveller or £75 per passenger when not travelling alone for one night on a bed and breakfast basis. The maximum payment per occasion is £500. This service is offered on a pay and claim basis, which means that you must pay initially and we will send you a claim form to complete and return for reimbursement.

Will I be offered a hire car and how are the costs covered?

We will pay up to £250 (up to £750 in the Territorial Limits (Europe)) towards the reasonable cost of alternative transport or vehicle hire. We will also pay up to £100 towards the reasonable cost of alternative transport for one person to return and collect the vehicle once it has been repaired.

What happens if I can’t pay for any repairs?

We expect you to have adequate funds to cover the repairs as you would if you had your vehicle serviced. If you have an additional car warranty plan with MotorEasy we may be able to assist with repair costs.

What happens when my vehicle must go to a garage, do you book it in?

We can give you access to MotorEasy’s 10,000 garages nationwide and arrange delivery in the event you only have breakdown recovery cover. In the event you have a car warranty as well we will potentially be able to assist with the repairs.

Am I covered in any car?

No, you are only covered in the registered vehicle, but the registered vehicle is covered for all drivers.

What happens if I change my vehicle?

Our policy only covers the vehicle registered on our database, therefore any change must be notified immediately via your MotorEasy online account. Please confirm the date you wish to make the change. If you do not notify us of the new vehicle details in this way, we may not be able to supply you with a service.

Are lost, stolen or broken keys covered?

If you lose, break, or lock your keys within your vehicle, we will pay the callout and mileage charges back to the Recovery Operator’s base or your home address if closer. All other costs incurred, including any specialist equipment needed to move the vehicle, will be at your expense.

What happens if I put the wrong fuel in my vehicle?

If you fill up with the incorrect fuel, we will arrange and pay up to £250 (inclusive of VAT) for a recovery operator to either recover your vehicle and the passengers to the recovery operator’s base where a drain and flush to your vehicle’s fuel tank can be conducted or, to provide this service at the roadside. Subject to the £250 claim limit, we will also provide 10 litres of correct fuel. Occasionally misfuelling a vehicle can cause extensive damage which a fuel drain and flush will not rectify. We cannot accept liability for any damage caused to your vehicle.

Am I covered if I run out of fuel?

No, unless there is a mechanical or electrical fault, which caused the problem, this is an exclusion within your breakdown cover. We can however, assist on a pay on use basis by taking credit or debit card details.

What happens if I am not covered for the fault on the vehicle?

We can assist on a pay on use basis by taking credit or debit card details.

Am I entitled to a second call out if you can’t recover my vehicle to a garage?

No, any recovery must take place at the same time as the initial callout otherwise you will have to pay for subsequent callout charges. You are only covered for one call out per fault. If you are at home and the breakdown happens late at night we recommend you call for assistance in the morning.

What if my car is stolen or vandalised?

Contact your insurance company in the case of your car being stolen or vandalised.

What can’t be covered under the policy?

We cannot cover vehicles in excess of 3,500 kg (3.5 tonnes) and vehicles more than 5.1816 metres (17 feet) long, 1.9050 metres (6 feet 3 inches) wide and 2.4384 metres (8 feet) high. Minibuses, limousines, vehicles of a commercial nature over 8 years old or vehicles used for hire and reward. Any request for service if the vehicle is being used for motor racing, rallies, public hire, private hire, courier services or any contest or speed trial or practice for any of these activities. Please refer to your policy wording for full terms and conditions.

What if I want my partner’s vehicle to be covered?

You can add further vehicles to your policy at the time of purchase and from the My Account area of MotorEasy.

The driver falls ill and can no longer drive and there is no one else able to?

We will arrange and pay for your vehicle to be transported by a Recovery Operator or driven by a chauffeur to your home address. A medical certificate clearly stating your illness/injury is preventing you from driving will be required before any claim is authorised. You must pay any costs relating to obtaining the medical certificate.

What if I have a problem with my caravan or trailer?

You are only covered for the registered vehicle in the case of a breakdown. If your vehicle breaks down and your caravan or trailer is attached, providing it meets policy requirements, it will be recovered with the vehicle. If your problem is with your caravan or trailer and not the vehicle, we will be able to help you but you will need to pay for the recovery service immediately on a pay on use basis by credit or debit card.

What if my trailer contains horses or other livestock?

The recovery of any trailer containing livestock is the choice of the Recovery Operator that attends the scene. We will endeavour to help arrange alternative transport but you will need to pay for this as an additional service.

What happens if I cancel my callout?

If a call out is cancelled by you and a Recovery Operator has already been dispatched, you will lose a call out from your policy. We recommend that you wait for assistance to ensure the vehicle is functioning correctly. If you do not wait for assistance and the vehicle breaks down again within 12 hours, you will be charged for the second and any subsequent call outs.

How do I cancel my policy?

You can either message us from your MotorEasy account, call on 0800 131 0001 or write to us at: MotorEasy, 60 Portman Road, Reading, RG30 1EA.

How do you reimburse me if I am owed money?

We will send you a claim form to complete and return to us. We will only reimburse you if we have a valid invoice or receipt.